Wednesday, July 4, 2012

04072012 0848

Few days ago I told myself if I see the TPJC girl the next time I get to the no.9 bus stop near my house, I would go talk to her. When she didn't turn up, I thought about a series of possibilities of what could've not led us to meet. More importantly, I thought about the meaning of why we didn't meet. Is this some kind of message? Or is it pure coincidence that we saw each other a couple of times and when I actually wanted to talk to her, she wasn't there. I then remembered a friend who is trying out something similar, and imagined him lecturing me about how human beings tend to put meaning behind the smallest of things. So I traced back to a book I had read a few days ago called 'The Alchemist'. It's a rather popular book sharing a story that involved the reading of omens and the discovery of a boy's 'Personal Legend'. That friend of mine said books give people ideas, imaginations, philosophies even. I know about how delusional people can get, thinking about how they can live out things written on a fictional book because I suffer from the same thing. But that doesn't entirely mean that there are no meanings at all. The Law of Correspondence is in effect even if we don't know it. I have read The Alchemist, and it has input the knowledge in my mind like how it has input knowledge into many others'. But different people see the knowledge differently. I know I may have been affected by the book subconsciously, because it may have made me believe that being unable to see the girl at the bus stop is a sign. Well, the Law of Correspondence is working great, and if I hadn't forgotten my umbrella, I could have reached the bus stop 5 minutes earlier, resulting in me boarding the earlier bus 9 and talking to her. I'm not saying that I completely agree with the philosophies from the Alchemist, but I do believe that man can do anything if they willing to bleed for it at the same time remember that they need to be alive to savour it. It is just like how The Great Gatsby rose up his riches just for the reason of finding the woman that he loves. I'd still like to meet that TPJC girl and if it is meant to be, surely I will talk to her.

No comments: